Stitch Fix #2 Review - April 2015

So, my second Stitch Fix box arrived this week!  It's always so exciting to get a new box!  When your box ships, you can click on the "checkout" link on your main account page and basically see a listing of what they sent.  I was bad and peeked at the content before I received the box.  Hopefully I will have the willpower to not peek next time and be surprised! That's a big part of the fun! :)

Here are the items I got this month!  I would love to hear what you think and if you agree/disagree with my picks!

#1:  19 Cooper - Javi Sheer Panel Blouse ($58) -- Kept 

I loved this shirt from the moment I pulled it out of the box.  The colors on the shirt were very fun and I could definitely see myself wearing this to work, a family party, etc.  I knew this would be a shirt I could easily pair with jeans or dress up with a skirt.  The size they sent me was too big (especially in the arm holes, but the Stitch Fix customer service team was able to locate my size and will be shipping me the correct size.


#2:  Collective Concepts - May Chevron Knit Back Top ($54) -- Returned

I was not sure about this top when I pulled it out of the box.  The orange was pretty bright and I'm not really a huge fan of Chevron.  I was actually surprised how much I liked it when I put it on!  The shape was actually pretty nice and I could see myself wearing this out in the summer for a BBQ, etc.  Unfortunately, since I'm trying to add pieces to my wardrobe that will work for multiple occasions, I had to pass on this one.  It came down to the fact that I probably would not be able to wear this one to work since it's so bright.


#3:  41Hawthorn - Dita Sleeveless Ponte Dress ($68) -- Returned

I was excited to get this dress since I have seen it posted online and the style was simple and classic - just what I usually love.  Unfortunately I was sad to see that they sent me a royal blue color, which I normally love, but I have almost an identical dress in the SAME COLOR!  Bummer.  I also didn't think it flattered me very well.  The middle bands hit at the wrong spot.  So, sadly, this one went back.



#4:  Look by M - Davie Striped Wrap Scarf ($28) -- Kept

Initally, I didn't love this scarf.  I normally like more vibrant colors for my accessories, but upon trying it on at home and getting opinions from others, I decided to keep it.  It's super lightweight and will be really perfect to pair with outfits this Spring and to grab for those chilly Summer nights.
  

#5:  Just Black - Jimmy Ankle Length Skinny Jeans ($88) -- Returned

I was really hoping to get a good pair of skinny jeans this month.  I have actually never been a skinny jeans girl before, and now I know why...they just won't really work for my pear-shaped body.  Hopefully I can find straight-leg jeans that are narrow enough to wear with boots...that was the goal.



Overall, this Stitch Fix box was just ok.  I am hoping that with each month that goes by, I get better and better items.  In the meantime, it's super fun and convenient to get clothes shipped to me!    

I strongly encourage you to sign up to try it for yourself!  If you go for it like I did, please click here to use my referral link!  Thank you!!!

No comments