Stitch Fix Review #3 - April 2015

Stitch Fix #3 arrived last week!  I told myself I wouldn't peek and what do I do as soon as I get an email that says my fix has shipped?  I peek.  I have no willpower whatsoever. Ha!  Initially when I looked up all the items, I didn't think I would like anything.

Here are the items I got this month!  I would love to hear what you think and if you agree/disagree with my picks!

#1:  Papermoon - Cherri Lace Detail Sleeveless Blouse ($48) -- Returned 

When I first saw this shirt, I didn't think it was really my style...I do like lace, but this seemed more like a "night on the town" type shirt that I wouldn't really wear too often.  When I tried it on, I was surprised that I did like it.  The only problem was that the fit was way too loose on me in the front.  You can't tell from this picture, but when I turned to the side, it totally looked like a maternity shirt.  No bueno.  


#2:  41Hawthorn - Jace Dot Print Fit & Flare Dress ($48) -- Returned

I was pretty excited to get a dress in my box for just $48.  I think my stylist did a good job of picking a dress that is classic and long enough for me (I'm not a fan of minis these days.)  As much as the design appealed to me, I just wasn't a huge fan of the fit.  I think the dress was just too snug...or maybe the pleats were not flattering?  Whatever it was, I just decided this one was not for me.


#3:  Zad - Adrianna Circle Bib Necklace ($34) -- Kept

Necklaces...always my weakness.  I was looking for a versatile necklace and this fit the bill!  I love gold tones and how pretty and delicate this necklace seemed...while also making a statement!  I can see myself wearing this with shirt and dresses alike!  I was happy to keep this one!  



#4:  Fun2Fun - Carol Blouse ($28) -- Returned

Oh boy.  This one was good in theory...but just NO.  The pattern was bad and the fit was even worse.  As soon as I lifted my arms, the whole shirt lifted and started separating at my chest area.  While the price was very appealing (a blouse for $28?!), I had to pack this one away as quickly as I took it out.

#5:  Margaret M - Emer High Wasited Cropped Trouser ($98) -- Kept

I had specifically asked for cropped pants this fix and my stylist delivered!  Black dress pants are a staple in any girls closet and these were just awesome.  At first I was hesitant when I saw "high waisted."  I also noticed immediately that these looked more like yoga pants than professional work pants (no pockets, buttons, or zippers.)  But as soon as I put them on, they fit like a glove and were SUPER comfy.  The price tag made my jaw drop, but I kept them because I know I will wear them often!



Another fix that was just OK.  Seems like all my fixes have been 2/5 fixes.  Fingers crossed that my next fix (which will arrive in mid-May) is better!  I'm really hoping to add some quality pieces to my wardrobe this Spring/summer!

Ready to try Stitch Fix for yourself?  If so, please click here to use my referral link!  Thank you!!!

No comments