The big 3-0

I am officially an old woman. This past Wednesday I turned the big 3-0.  While I was somewhat dreading this milestone, one of my co-workers reminded me that every birthday is a gift and we should embrace our age!  What a wonderful reminder!! :) 

I decided to keep my birthday low key this year...mainly because I don't have much energy for a full blown party anyways ;)  We invited some friends and family over to our house this weekend for some yummy food, drinks, and to play Cards Against Humanity. :)  If you haven't played that game yet, what are you waiting for?!?  SO FUN.  It was a perfect celebration of my 30th birthday, surrounded by the people I love most.

In all the fun, I didn't manage to get many pictures, but here are a few from my camera.  Thank you to my amazing husband for helping clean the house and plan a wonderful birthday for me.  I'm a very lucky lady.
Thanks to my cousin Angie for this creative gift...loved going through it :)
My simple Gerber Daisy centerpieces

In addition to celebrating my birthday last week, I was also marking exactly 30 weeks of pregnancy!  How funny that exactly 30 weeks fell on my 30th birthday!  I have been terrible with posting "bumpdates" on my blog but wanted to share a quick one now!
 

How Far Along: 30 weeks
Size of Baby:  Baby weighs almost 3 pounds now and is the size of a cabbage!
Gender: GIRL!
Weight Gain: Around 10 pounds
Symptoms:  I'm feeling good!  Nothing much to report other than lots of jabs, kicks, and flips from baby!
Food Cravings/Aversions: Anything and everything. haha.  Definitely have developed more of a sweet tooth lately.
Movement:  This baby girl has been quite the kicker!  My poor ribs and organs have taken a few hefty jabs!
Sleep:  Sleep has been good other than waking up 2-3 times a night wanting to pee.  I should just install a toilet next to my bed at this point!
Maternity Clothes: Oh yes.  Wearing mostly maternity clothes.  I sneak in a few dresses, skirts, and long shirts that work too!
What I Miss: Being able to get up from the couch easily. ha.
Best Moment this week:  Celebrating my 30th birthday and realizing I have just 2 months to go!!
Looking Forward To:  My 32 week ultrasound next week and FINALLY starting to work on the nursery!  We need to get our butts into gear!!


 

No comments