Mother's Day Weekend

I hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!  Us moms truly have one of the toughest jobs on the planet.  We literally put our blood, sweat, and tears into raising our little ones!  Although we definitely deserve more than just one day of praise, I'm glad to know that Mother's Day exists as a day when the ones we love most can set aside some time to appreciate everything a mother does!

I think many of us have dreamed of being a mom and having a family since we were little girls.  I remember skipping around the house as a little girl with my dolls, playing pretend that they were my daughters.  

It's really amazing to think back at how life has changed since becoming a mom.  I read a great article today about how sometimes it even leads to your friends thinking you're an asshole!  See article here.  It makes me sad, because really you're just trying to balance it all!  It definitely isn't easy and doesn't come with a manual!  Hopefully I'm doing an ok job. :)  

My husband and daughter made sure I had a great Mother's Day.  We started our weekend with a wedding celebration!  My good friends Robert and Agnieszka finally tied the knot and we enjoyed their beautiful wedding on Saturday.  We took Evie along and she had a blast running around the dance floor, chasing the other kids, and even busting a few moves when the band started playing!  It was a fun night for sure!


On Sunday morning my husband and Evie surprised me with some super adorable freshly-picked tulips from our garden.  I loved the fact that my husband took her outside and they picked the tulips together.  I also received the absolute sweetest little kiss from Evie.  Honestly, that's all any momma needs on Mother's Day. :)


To top it all off, we had some beautiful weather on Mother's Day weekend, which meant lots of fun outdoor time with the family!  I do love Chicago, but am ready for some consistent temps so that we can plan even more outdoor activities in coming weeks. 


1 comment

  1. Glad to see you had such a great Mother's day! Love the family shot of you guys at the wedding!

    ReplyDelete