Christmas in Review

Wait, what? Christmas is over?!? Did this holiday seem to fly by faster than ever or what? Maybe being a momma to 2 kiddos just makes time fly by so much faster, but I really feel like Christmas this year passed in the blink of an eye. Regardless, we really did have a wonderful time, surrounded by our dear family. 

On Christmas Eve I unfortunately had to work for a few hours in the morning.  Cue the sad trombone.  But after a few short hours I was released from prison work and headed over to spend the afternoon with my folks.  We watched Evie open some gifts and shared oplatek (read about this tradition here.)  
 Later that evening we headed to my in-laws for Christmas Eve dinner. Evie and Emi loved being with all their cousins and opened up some pretty amazing gifts! Evie’s favorite was probably the Elsa doll she got. She can never have enough dolls it seems. :)  
On Christmas Day, Evie woke up to find that Santa left her a mountain of presents and a new bike!!!   She can't wait to take this baby for a spin outside when the weather gets nicer!
After presents it was Christmas Day mass and then over to my sister-in-law’s house for some yummy food and more family time. 
I hope everyone had a magical and beautiful holiday surrounded by all their loved ones. I can’t believe we are drawing to a close on 2014. It really has been an amazing year for us!

 

No comments