Christmas 2015

I’m still smiling. What an amazing Christmas week it has been. I decided to totally unplug myself from work and really focus on the holidays with my family. It was a Christmas for the books. I thought I’d do a quick recap of all things Christmas in our household last week. 

 Christmas Eve is definitely a very special day for us as a family. In our culture (we are Polish), Christmas Eve dinner is a very important event. This year, we did dinner at my sister-in-law’s house. They just bought a new house this year and decided to host. We had an amazing time. The girls always love playing with their cousins and dinner was beyond delicious.  I dressed the girls in little plaid dresses, which I absolutely ADORE on girls for Christmas.  




Later that night, Evie and I made sure we left Santa some Christmas cookies and milk.  And we didn’t forget a carrot for the reindeer too. ;)


 On Christmas morning, the girls hurried downstairs to open presents from Santa (the girls were very spoiled as you can see!)  And, of course, I had to do the matching Christmas jammies.  Disney store for the win this year.  I LOVE their pajamas for kids! :)  





After presents and breakfast, we all went to Christmas Day mass, and then spent the afternoon/evening with my side of the family at my aunt’s house. We had a great time. My cousin’s wife even brought that Pie Face game.  The kids all took turns putting their face into the hole, and it was hilarious. Evie was too scared to play though.  I don't blame her.  Taking some whipped cream to the face is too messy for my fancy girl. ;) 

 The weekend following Christmas was filled with a bunch of lounging around, playing with new toys, eating cinnamon rolls, and drinking hot cocoa. HEAVEN. 



 Overall, Christmas was just perfect. I love that my girls are getting a little older because it means that they really can enjoy the magic of Christmas.  Here's our best family picture...one of these years, we will all look in the same direction. ;)


 And with that, we transition to New Years plans! We will be hosting a small get together for us and one other couple with their kids. Should be a great time. 

 I hope everyone had a FANTASTIC Christmas. Best wishes for an AMAZING 2016!

 

No comments