Friendships to Treasure

My best friend, Karen, and I met in the 7th grade.  We first were introduced to eachother on the school bus in junior high and have been inseparable since.  With close to 18 years of friendship under our belt, Karen and I have been through so many of life's ups and downs.  We have gotten to know each other's families, and feel more like sisters than friends.  Her friendship is one that I genuinely treasure and hope lasts a lifetime. 

In addition to having many of the same interests, coincidentally, Karen and I also are just 1 day apart in terms of our birthdays!  We both celebrated our 30th birthday this week!  In addition to embracing a new decade as individuals, this birthday was also another beautiful reminder of our long friendship.  And while our busy lives sometimes keep us from seeing each other as often as we once did, the bond between us is still strong.
Yesterday, Karen hosted a small party to celebrate her birthday.  I wanted to surprise her with a special gift and, more importantly, a heartfelt message about how much I treasure our friendship.  Thanks to my wonderful friends at Treat, a new personalized greeting card service, I was able to create a truly unique card, that surely beats anything I could ever find off the shelf at a greeting card store.

I wanted to capture Karen's reaction to receiving the card on the day of her birthday...and was thrilled to see how touched she was.
 Her reaction warmed my heart.  I was so happy to give her something that hopefully let her know how much she means to me! Here's a closer look at the card I created :)


Here are a few more pictures from Karen's birthday celebration!



 

No comments