Scenes from our weekend

Happy Tuesday everyone! Sorry for the week long break from my blog. Seems like life has been in full speed lately and unfortunately that usually means my blog takes a back seat! 

This weekend was another eventful one...filled with good and bad.  Let's start with the good.  On Saturday, the hubby and I had a "date" at the Chicago Air & Water show, held downtown.  The weather was great, we got to dip our toes in the lake, and overall had a nice time being outside!



On Sunday we had a birthday party scheduled for Evie's older cousins.  When she woke up on Sunday morning I noticed Evie seemed a bit warm to me, but I just thought maybe it was a little too warm in her room overnight.  On our drive over to the cousin's house, she fell asleep.  Upon arrival, my poor princess woke up and the minute I took her out of her car seat, she started shivering and proceeded to vomit all over herself and the car.  Not fun.  I felt really bad for her.  At this point, I could feel the heat radiating off her skin and knew we had a fever on our hands.  I took her inside the party to clean her up and give her some medication.  We decided to take it easy and hang out on the couch for a bit to see how Evie started to feel.  Lo and behold, 30 minutes later, my little lady was ready to play.  I was hesitant to let her stay, but she seemed like a brand new girl, so we stuck around for a bit.  She was all smiles to get to play with her cousin Declan (who is photobombing the picture below...haha) and to get to collect candy from the pinata outside.  By late afternoon, her forehead started warming up again and I knew it was time to go. 



Monday morning, Evie was still running a fever so I decided to stay home from work with her.  As the morning rolled on, her fever seemed to subside a bit, so we took a little walk to Starbucks for some fresh air.  My little lady loves Starbucks and was treated to some milk and cookies from mama. :)


Later that afternoon she took a 3 hour nap!  One for the record books for us, as she usually only naps for 1-1.5 hours at a time.  It seemed to help because today she seems to be back to her normal self.  Fingers crossed that the virus is wearing off.  I knew that once we started daycare that she would be getting some illnesses...so here we are!  




 

2 comments

  1. Poor girl! I really hope she didn't get the other kids sick, my sister in law always takes her kids around when they are sick and my daughter always seems to catch it. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I made sure she didn't interact too closely. We typically stay clear of other kids when she is sick...I just didn't want to yank her away from the party since her fever seemed to drop and she was such a happy girl. That would definitely upset me if people brought their sick children around mine all the time.

      Delete