Why Hello September!

Happy September everyone!  I hope everyone had a wonderful and relaxing Labor Day weekend.  It's crazy to realize that we are at the unofficial end of summer and that it is almost time to say goodbye to this season.  As much as I love fall, I always seem to get a little sad when the summer months come to a close.  I have to say, changing seasons are one of my favorite things about living in Chicago. Hopefully I am not disappointed and we get a lovely fall this year!  But before I totally switch gears to fall, we wanted to get in some last bit of summer goodness this weekend.  It was the last day the local pools were open and I had not yet taken Evie to a splash pad/pool so this was our last chance!  She had a BLAST!  Our good friends Anna and Ralph joined with their 2 little ones as well so Evie was in great company!  We kept going back and forth between the splash pad area and the pool.  Evie was a little hesitant of the splash pad at first but after a while, she was running around and screaming in delight. :)  I really wish we would have taken her a few more times this summer.  But, there are always indoor places, right? ;)  

Here are a few pictures from our outing at the pool this weekend.  We spent the rest of the weekend cleaning out our office to make room for baby #2's nursery and doing some shopping!  Among our big purchases this weekend were a big girl mattress for Evie and a new crib and dresser for baby girl #2!  I'm super excited for everything to arrive and to start converting the rooms for our girls! ;)  Stay tuned for more updates!  

 

No comments