Ringling Bros & Barnum and Bailey Circus Review

Peanuts, popcorn... What can be more fun than the circus?!  It's such an iconic event that seems to have been in existence forever!  When I saw that the Ringling Brothers circus was coming to our local arena, I felt a little torn on whether or not to take my family.  I, of course, have heard about the circus' bad rep when it comes to caring for animals.  I definitely do NOT like the idea of forcing animals to put on a show!!  However, I started doing some more research online and did find out that they are phasing out using elephants by 2018 and that there is actually a foundation that exists and caretakers that seem to really care about the well-being of the animals.  Taking everything into consideration, we decided to take Evie.  I was actually surprised that the show is ALOT more than just elephants and animals.  They have such amazingly talented acrobats, dancers, and entertainers.  It really is a great show!  Was Evie impressed?  Ehhh.  She definitely loved the animals and was entertained about 50% of the time, but I think she would have been equally happy if we just sat there and she got to eat a snow cone. ;)  Kids are pretty easy to please.  I don't think we'll go back if the circus comes into town again, but I am glad we went and have a new respect for the VERY talented circus crew that travels around the country!  We do have tickets booked for Disney on Ice this winter, which I think she will like alot more, since she is still VERY much into Frozen and princesses.

Here are a few pics from our circus outing:
   









No comments