Weekend Recap/Lovelist

What a jam-packed weekend we had!  It was so full of activities that it's now Tuesday and I'm just starting to recover!  I wanted to share a few pictures from our weekend, combined with a love list!  

1.  Sweet Home Chicago - I have a cousin in town visiting from Poland and we took her downtown to see the bean and a bird's eye view of Chicago from the John Hancock Tower.  I felt like tourist in my own city!  It was fun and reminded me how awesome Chicago is (despite this weather). :)


2.  Comfort Food - This weekend was filled with alot of cooking.  I made a beef goulash/stew, mashed potatoes, veggies, and corn on the cob.  I love sitting down for a nice warm meal with my family and introducing new foods to Evie.  This weekend was her first time eating corn on the cob (she's had it in a veggie medley before) and she was so cute taking big bites and enjoying herself.



3.  Painted Piggys - This weekend I also painted Evie's toes for the first time!  I had some baby-safe nail polish I bought a while ago but was waiting until she "asked" me to paint her nails.  Saturday morning I was walking around the house with bare feet and as soon as she saw my painted toes, she started pointing at them and staring.  I asked her if she wanted me to paint her toes and it was an immediate, "YEA!"


4.  St. Patrick's Day - We totally skipped out on festiveness with this holiday this year.  I planned on making some fun treats for Evie and taking her to our village parade, but with everything else going on, we just didn't get to it.  I did dress her in some bright green velour pants for St. Patty's Day, but unfortunately didn't manage to snap a pic.  From today on, we are full-force for Easter though!  Bring on the pastels and baskets! :)

5.  Dancing with the Stars - did anyone else watch last night?  I'm usually not really into this show but I'm a big fan of Candace Cameron Bure (DJ Tanner from Full House) and she is on this season so I have decided to tune in!  I loved watching her performance and everyone else last night.  Looks like I have a new Monday night obsession.


I hope everyone is having a great week so far!  Countdown to Spring is officially T-2 days! :) 

No comments