It's the Little Things - Like Planning Family Vacations!

I've been really slacking on my blog posts lately.  Just the old lame excuse of life has been busy!  I have some exciting things coming up in May though so I'm excited to share that with all of you on the blog!  The next big thing we have coming up is our 4 day vacation to Florida!  We are headed to the St. Pete Beach area and I couldn't be more excited.  We have had some nice Spring days here in the Chicago area, but I'm aching for flip flops and tank tops!  Luckily the 80-degree Florida forecast should do the trick! 

I'm pretty nervous about taking Evie on her first plane ride but hopefully she does well.  I would like to think we are well prepared (many thanks to all the mama-bloggers that have shared their travel tips!  I have been taking notes!).  She's been such a good girl lately that I have hope all will go well.  Looking back at pictures of her over the last week, I can't believe how big she's getting.  Ohhh, my little Evie is growing up!

 



  I'd also like to share my weekly bump-date this week with everyone! 
 
How Far Along: 16 weeks
 
Size of Baby:  Baby is 4 1/2 inches and the size of an avocado! :)
 
Gender:  Just 4 short weeks until we find out!  I can't wait!

Weight Gain: Around 5 lbs.
 
Symptoms:  Feeling good lately!! 
 
Food Cravings/Aversions:  Aversions?  Not much.  Cravings?  Everything. ha.  I've been mostly craving cold and sweet things, like Fla.Vor.Ice freeze pops.  Don't judge me. haha!
 
Movement:  Not much lately, still just some flutters!  Looking forward to some true baby kicks!
 
Sleep:  I've been really tired lately and sleep has been AHMAZING.
 
Maternity Clothes:  Not yet.  I did recently buy some maternity tanks though so looking forward to wearing those soon!
What I Miss:  Being able to pop an Advil when I have a headache.  It stinks not being able to take any medication!
 
Best Moment this week:  Kisses to my belly from my sweet Evie.  She is going to be such a sweet big sister!!
 
Looking Forward To:  Vacation to Florida in a couple days!  Yay!  I'll be sure to recap with some pictures when we get back.  Hopefully Evie does well with her first time on an airplane! 
 

6 comments

  1. Yay for family vacations! I bet you guys will have a blast. I have to admit I am scared of traveling on plane with a toddler, too. We will be driving again this year due to that. haha! I can't wait to hear how you like St. Pete.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how Evie is smiling so hard her face scrunches up- so cute. Good luck on the plane!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is super cute. I just wanted you to be aware as I'm not sure if this is before you pull your daughter out of her car seat or not but her safety bar should be at armpit level not belly level.

    http://christiancrunchyattached.blogspot.com/2013/02/proper-car-seat-safety.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have fun in Florida!!!! That's going to be so much fun!! Also? That's exciting you can feel flutters at 16 weeks... I'm at 12 weeks and really want to start feeling something. May not be too far away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!!!! My husband and I have toyed with the idea of a family vacation but honestly the idea of vacationing with a toddler terrifies us. Can't wait to hear y'all's adventures!! -xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so cute! We just flew with Sadie for the first time and she did great! All we needed was a new movie or two on the ipad, some snacks and a few little activities like some beads & pipe cleaners, drawing stuff, etc. She even napped about half way going up and coming back! Getting through security and all of that is the headache. We carried-on all of our bags, so it was a lot to manage with those, a toddler and all that. One thing that might be good to know...we checked her car seat (free of charge) at the desk and then kept her in her stroller to get through the airport. They also checked that for free as we boarded the plane, so we didn't have to pay for either bulky item! :-)
    www.sadieskyboutique.com

    ReplyDelete