18 month update

It's hard to believe my little baby is already 1 1/2 years old!  Time is really flying by!  We took little Miss Evie to the doctor yesterday for her 18 month checkup, so I thought I'd share a few stats and updates with all of you!

Age: 18 months 

Weight:  24 lbs. 1.5 oz (70th percentile) 

Height: 34 inches (97th percentile) - Wow!!

Head circumference: 47 cm (70th percentile) 


Clothes: Evie is still wearing mostly 18-24 month clothes but has been slowing moving into the 2T territory. I love that I’ve been able to still shop in both the baby sections and toddler sections of most stores and will probably cry myself to sleep be sad when I can no longer shop in the baby aisles!! As far as shoes, little Miss Evie is a 5/6, although her size 5 shoes are smallish, so I would round up to 6. 

Favorite Foods: Chicken noodle soup, mashed potatoes, pasta, bread rolls, raspberries, blueberries, bananas, apples, boiled eggs (just the egg whites actually), yogurt, and carrots. 


Favorite Words: She definitely loves to say HI to anyone and everyone while waving and smiling. It’s the cutest thing ever! We have been teaching Evie Polish (since my husband and I both are fluent) so her most common words are: Mama (mom), Tata (dad), Nie (no), Daj (Gimme), Tak (yes), De-de (Declan – her cousin’s name), and Tam (there). While she still talks a lot of baby gibberish, it seems that every week she is starting to pick up a new word, so it’s definitely exciting to hear her sweet little voice say real words! 

Favorite Activities: My little Evie is quite the active toddler! She LOVES climbing on top of whatever she can – chairs, her play table, daddy, ya know…anything where she can stand up and scream MAMA! (she wants me to look), while we frantically run over and tell her to get down before she falls. She’s quite the little acrobat. She also loves watching me cook and proceeds to pull out all our pots and pans from the one lower cabinet we don’t have a baby-proof lock on. Which reminds me…we need to add that pronto! She also absolutely LOVES her books and being read to. She often will grab a book, hand it to me, and crawl into my lap so I can read it to her. This always makes me smile. :) Last but not least, little Evie LOVES being outside. During the winter months it’s tough, but when it’s warm enough to spend time outdoors she is the happiest little girl around. 

Favorite Things: Right now, Evie is mostly obsessed with Elmo. She got a big singing/talking Elmo from her cousins for Christmas and carries it around everywhere. She also loves her baby dolls. I love watching her put her baby dolls in her stroller and see her feeding them. She will be an adorable big sister someday! :)  Evie also loves her book collection (especially the touch and feel books), her play kitchen (and trying to climb on top of it), and watching Elmo’s World on mommy’s iPhone. 

Signature Moves: Her many faces. Lately, Evie has been the queen of funny faces. Some of my favorites are when she scrunches her nose and flashes her little teeth or when she tucks her chin down and looks up like she’s giving us the evil eye. Hilarious. She also is adorable when she dances…shaking her little tush and spinning in a circle. Finally, she is an avid hide-and-seeker. When she wants to play she will go stand against the wall and cover her face with her hands. She squeals in delight when I walk around pretending to look for her and say “Where are you Evie?” I’m hoping that this is just a game for home and she doesn’t start trying to hide when we are out and about! Eek, maybe I should not encourage this game anymore! 


Other MilestonesEvie has started to use her utensils nicely. She has been using her hands to eat for several months now, but has started to insist on using her toddler fork and spoon to pick up food. She has about a 50% success rate on food actually making it into her mouth, so we’re getting there.  Another milestone that I’m not really too happy about is that little Miss Evie learned to crawl out of her crib recently! I was hoping to make it to her 2nd birthday before we thought about introducing a toddler bed, but it may need to come sooner. In the meantime, we have the crib mattress down on the ground to keep our little climber in there for a bit longer.


So far, this has been the best age yet. This little girl makes me laugh and smile every.single.day. While she can definitely be a handful sometimes, I wouldn’t trade these moments for the world. She is learning and changing every day and it is amazing watching it all. I love her more than I could ever put into words. I’m really so incredibly blessed to be her mommy. :)

No comments