Citrus Lane November 2013 Review

Happy Wednesday everyone!  We got box #2 from Citrus Lane last week and I thought I'd share my review!  For those unaware, Citrus Lane is a subscription service.  For $25/month you get a surprise box every month filled with products tailored to your child's age.  I was attracted to it because their boxes are typically always filled with items that surpass the $25 retail value PLUS it exposes you to new and fun brands (usually always green brands too!).  My first month was $12.50 with code TAKEHALF. 

Here's Evie opening up her November box (which she seemed very happy to receive by the way.)  I couldn't open the box fast enough for her! :)


And here's a closer look of everything inside:


Contents spelled out:

1)  Green Toys Tug Boat Bath Toy ($14.99) -- I was very excited to see another bath toy in this month's box.  Evie LOVES bath time, and we are always looking for new toys to add to her collection.  I particularly liked this one because of the brand - Green Toys.  Their toys are made from 100% recycled plastic - LOVE that.  Plus, it's such a cute and fun toy that Evie has already had a blast playing with!

2)  Skip Hop Spoon & Fork "Zootensils" Set ($6.00) -- With Thanksgiving just around the corner, this was a perfect addition to the box!  I am obsessed with Skip Hop products and this was no exception.  We actually needed new big girl utensils for Evie so this was great to get!  Also, can't help but love the cute little panda design on these!

3)  Bumkins Snack Bags (2-pack) ($6.95) -- This one I actually wasn't too fond of. Maybe I just can't wrap my mind around re-usable snack bags.  I much prefer to put our snacks in a little plastic containers or snack catchers, but maybe we'll try these out.  I do like that they are green and the designs are cute.  However, I saw that other people got awesome bibs from Bumkins in their boxes, and I sort of wish we got that instead.   

4) Plum Organics Baby Food Pouch ($1.59) -- Although we usually are big fans of Plum products, we unfortunately had to toss this pouch right away due to the recall.  Citrus Lane sent subscribers an email saying they included the pouch in boxes before they were aware of the recall, so we are all supposed to get some sort of voucher.  So, needless to say, this one was disappointing.

5) Pur Lisse Lip Comfort Lip Balm ($16.00) -- I was pretty happy to see a product in the box for mommy!!  Especially with winter approaching, my dry lips were in need of some moisture.  I have been using this for a few days and I can say that it's ok.  I don't love it, but I also don't hate it.  It's just ok. Worth $16?  Probably not.

Evie playing with her new toy

The verdict:  I liked this box.  It did have some nice things in here, although I don't feel as though it was as great as other boxes I have seen online from previous months.  My 2 favorite items that I would definitely buy myself are the tug boat toy and utensils set, but would I spend $25 for those 2 things?  Probably not.  Regardless, I'll continue my subscription with Citrus Lane because it definitely is fun for Evie to get a new surprise box every month and it is really nice to discover new brands and get items tailored for Evie's age.  

P.S. The box also included a coupon for 4 free sets of address labels from TinyPrints.com but you have to spend $99 or more to use it (which I probably won't, even if I get our Christmas cards there) so it's totally worthless to me. Boo. :(

No comments