Halloween Recap

Halloween is officially over.  Cue the sad trombone.  Our family had a great time celebrating this year.  I present to you, our little lady bug...


She LOVED her little lady bug costume...and mama was happy because it was warm for our rainy Halloween.  I decided to take a 1/2 day from work to spend the afternoon with my little bug, especially since this was her first Halloween trick-or-treating (last year she was only 3 months old!)  I'm glad I did, because we got to enjoy a fun day together.  Here's an update of our day...

We visited Evie's cousin Declan to start off the day!  As we were driving over, I kept telling Evie that we were going to see her cousin "De de" and IMMEDIATELY her face lit up and she she squealed in joy.  She absolutely LOVES her little cousin (ok, maybe she mainly loves stealing his toys and touching his face, ha).  Here's a pic of the two cuties:


After fun with Declan, Evie and I headed home for some halloween snacks and to get ready for trick-or-treaters!  We started the afternoon with a fun snack I found on a fellow blogger's site!  This was so easy and a fun festive snack for Evie to munch on.  It's made to look like a candy corn - made with pineapple, mandarin oranges, and bananas!  


After our snack, we heard trick-or-treaters start ringing our doorbell!  Evie didn't seem to know what was going on, but I took her to the door with me along with our bowl of candy and once she saw the kids in thier costumes, she got super excited!  She proceeded to wave at all the kids!  By the third batch of kids, she even started grabbing candy from my bowl and giving it to the kids.  SO CUTE!!!

After a hour or so of trick-or-treaters, we decided to venture out on our own little trip.  And can I just say, my kid was BORN to trick-or-treat!  Here's little Miss Evie OWNING our block.  She was just too adorable.


Once we visited all our neighbors and got our fill of candy (and we started to feel rain drops start falling), Evie and I joined daddy indoors for some Halloween movies!  Evie I was super excited that Casper was on!  I loved that movie growing up (and also drooled over Devon Sawa at the end).  After Casper was over, it was time for Charlie Brown!  What a great Halloween lineup!  Dinner, movies, and into pajamas it was. 

All in all, it was a great time!!!  I'm super happy I got the extra time with my little girl and got to see her face light up with joy so many times.  It makes me even more excited for Christmas to come!  Hope everyone had an equally great Halloween.  On to November!!


No comments