New Year. New Dreams.

Is everyone ready for 2014?  Ready or not, here it comes....!

I am a total lover of New Years, and especially New Years Eve.  I think what really gets me excited is the sense of fresh beginnings and clean starts.  We all have goals and dreams.  The new year gives many a revitalized outlook and renewed hope to accomplish more, improve, and grow.  Personally, I have never been much of a resolution maker, but I always dream big and reach high.  



I thought I'd compile a little New Years checklist of things I hope I make an effort to do more of in 2014:

1)  Live in the moment -- too many times I find myself thinking ahead and not focusing on the present moment.  In 2014, I hope I can do a better job of dwelling on the here and now, especially with Evie.  She is growing up way too fast!!

2)  Make more time for family and friends -- It's hard to find time to spend with family and friends when you have a husband, daughter, full-time job, and house to take care of!  Needless to say, I am terrible at making time for family and friends and really hope that in 2014 I can do a better job of making plans to spend quality time with the people who make life so amazing.

3)  Eliminate negative thinking (or at least try to minimize it ;)) -- Like most girls, I think WAY too much and usually dwell on negative things.  I often find myself thinking the worst and really aspire to be a much more positive person.  This WILL happen.

4)  Organize, organize, organize! -- I'm not the most organized person on the planet but really really REALLY want to be!  LOL.  I look at catalogs and pictures on Pinterest and find myself saying, "Oh yea, I need to do that."  But do I actually do it?  NO.  haha.  2014 = the year I actually take steps to organize!

5)  Focus on healthy living -- The classic resolution.  It's something that will always be part of my goals - eat better, exercise more, and make health a priority!

6)  Love more -- In 2014, I want to continue to shower my family with my love.  This includes making sure I do the best possible job raising Evie.  I wish nothing more than to guide her well and ensure her upbringing is filled with encouragement, support, happiness, and lots of love!  

Of course, there are always more things, but overall, I hope that in 2014 we can continue celebrating life and counting all our blessings.  I can't wait to see what the new year has in store for us!

----------

I'm also linking up with a group of bloggers that are hosting a NYE link-up.  Here are my answers! :)


1.  What is one thing you want to change, or a goal you want to set for the New Year & what is your plan for making it happen?  I have alot of goals, but my main one would definitely be to live in the moment more and appreciate all my precious time with Evie!  I will make it happen by putting down my cell phone, turning off the laptop, and really spending more quality time with my little mini-me! :)

2.  Many people chose a word to reflect on, live by or aspire to for the New Year.  Let us know your word, how you decided upon it & how you plan to incorporate it by 2014.  DREAM!  Dreams are what make life magical!  In 2014, I will dream big and hope the stars align to make all our dreams continue to come true! :)

3.  I will make 2014 count by ... Making sure I take time for my family!  Family is the most important thing in this life!!


So, CHEERS to 2014!  I wish all of you only the best in the new year and hope it's a exciting new chapter in your lives that brings lots of big things and happiness your way.  

Dream Big. Sparkle More. Shine Bright.


No comments